European Open Data Leaders Network: an open call for outstanding leaders – 22 November 2016
The European Open Data Leaders Network (ODLN) programme calls for exceptional European leaders working with open data to take part in a day of training and peer support
The European Open Data Leaders Network programme provides participants with the necessary knowledge and tools to effectively lead open data initiatives and connects them with a network of outstanding peers to share ideas and support over time.
The programme builds on the success of the ODI’s international Open Data Leaders Network – a global network of 30 open data leaders. For more information about the ODLN, watch this short film and read the perspectives of former participants.
The workshop, which will be facilitated by the ODI, will focus on leadership and change management. Participants will be invited to share and discuss the problems they face in their work, and develop solutions through a tested, peer-to-peer methodology.
What we offer
- 15 places for leaders working with open data to attend a stimulating, peer-to-peer training day in Brussels city centre
- Executive coaching from ODI experts
- Membership of a network for ongoing peer-learning and support
What we look for
Strong applicants for the European ODLN programme will:
- Hold a key position within government, advocating open data
- Think creatively and share innovative ideas about the future of open data in their respective cities, regions or countries
- Be prepared to gain from peer-to-peer knowledge and idea sharing
- Demonstrate commitment to joining a high-impact leadership programme over a sustained period of time
- Demonstrate their willingness to transform the lessons learned through the ODLN into positive change for their respective governments and communities
How to apply:
Interested leaders should complete the application form by midday (GMT) on Tuesday 15 November.
Successful applicants will be notified within one week of applying, and invited to attend the day of training in Brussels on Tuesday 22 November.
The European Open Data Leaders Network is supported by the European Data Portal, which is being developed by the European Commission with the support of a consortium led by Capgemini, including INTRASOFT International, Fraunhofer Fokus, Con terra, Sogeti, the Open Data Institute, Time.Lex and the University of Southampton.