ASEAN Data Startup Accelerator – open call for applicants
Are you a startup in the ASEAN region solving problems with data?
The Open Data Institute and the Malaysian Digital Economy Corporation invite startups that are solving problems with data in the Association of Southeast Asian Nations (ASEAN) region to apply for a six-month programme in Kuala Lumpur. This accelerator programme will accelerate their growth and lead them to sustainable success in the region.
What we’re looking for
We are looking for startups in the ASEAN region that want to build products and services, create insights or make better decisions using data.
These should be startups with a vision about how data can create economic value and make the world a better place. If this sounds like you, we invite you to apply to the ASEAN Data Startup Accelerator.
What we offer startups:
The ASEAN Data Startup Accelerator offers:
- Co-working space within the ASEAN Data Analytics Exchange (ADAX) in Kuala Lumpur
- Showcase events with investors
- Targeted and tailored mentor support
- Support with elevator pitches and business plans
- Training in data science, visualisation and analytics
- A week-long bootcamp in London
- Connections to the ODI’s global network and associated events
- Introduction to media partners
This suite of services is valued at over $20,000 USD per startup.
About the programme
The ASEAN Data Startup Accelerator (ADSA) is an intensive acceleration programme that brings together high-potential startups in the region to help them achieve sustainable success.
This programme is a collaboration between the Open Data Institute and the Malaysian Digital Economy Corporation. We are particularly interested by startups in the sector(s) of Agriculture, Future Cities, the Internet of Things, Media, Telecommunication and Financial Services.
Located in Kuala Lumpur within the ASEAN Data Analytics Exchange (ADAX), this is an initiative by MDEC to pull the Big Data Analytics (BDA) ecosystems together. It acts as an ecosystems platform for data-driven businesses to showcase latest BDA technologies, pilot use cases for ASEAN region as well as provide co-working location for BDA talent, startups and accelerators.
Instructions to apply
- Are you a startup solving real-life problems with data?
- Are you located in the ASEAN region and willing to relocate to Kuala Lumpur?
- Are you ready for an intensive six-month commitment?
If you have answered 'yes' to all of the above questions, you are who we are looking for.
Applications for the accelerator are now closed.
Take a look at our FAQs for more information.